Seattle—February 12, 2016—LiquidPlanner, award-winning predictive project management technology software for IT and technology teams, today announced an additional $2M in funding from TVC Capital and inside investors. The funding complements a strong 2015 year for the company in which revenue jumped 40 percent and new business bookings increased 43 percent year-over-year. 2015 marked the fourth consecutive year of 40 percent or more growth at LiquidPlanner and all signs point to a strong first quarter 2016.
In an on-stage event hosted by GeekWire in Seattle, LiquidPlanner CEO Liz Pearce announced the additional funding in a talk titled Seven Things I’ve Learned Building a Lean Business. In the talk, Pearce spoke to the room of entrepreneurs and start-up founders about the lessons learned from creating a capital-efficient company that simultaneously achieves high growth and sustainability.
“We’re super excited to have seen a significant increase in paid accounts, larger deal sizes and improved customer retention in 2015. The investments we’ve made over the last 18 months are paying off; they’re allowing us to serve more customers who need a dynamic solution for managing their work,” said Liz Pearce, CEO of LiquidPlanner. “This additional funding will enable us to continue to solidify our position as a truly differentiated company in the project management software space.”
“We are thrilled with the progress LiquidPlanner has made since our initial investment almost two years ago. At the time of our original investment, TVC committed to expand our financing with additional growth capital based on results and the company has met and exceeded those expectations,” said Steve Hamerslag, managing partner of TVC Capital. “Liz Pearce and team have created a powerful project management solution that is changing how IT organizations manage and execute complex work projects. I’m thrilled with the company’s 2016 trajectory and am confident that the company will continue to deliver on its vision to make dynamic project management the industry standard.”
In addition to new funding, January marked one of the most successful months in company history. New customers across technology, IT, manufacturing and marketing industries chose LiquidPlanner to help them manage work, build automated project schedules, predict completion dates and collaborate with remote team members. A sample list of new customers includes:
- GE Aviation, a subsidiary of General Electric, is among the top aircraft engine suppliers in the world
- Daimler Trucks North America LLC, is the largest heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America and a leading producer of medium-duty trucks and commercial vehicles
- iSky, Inc. a cutting edge customer relationship and market research company for the automotive industry
- ATTO Technology, Inc. is a global leader in storage connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments
- Macromatic Industrial Controls, a provider of top quality industrial relays that control and monitor electrical processes
- Interlogix Global Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp
- Krillbite Studios, an award-winning indie game developer based in Norway
- Entic, a cloud-based technology company that uses data analytics to optimize building energy efficiency
- Wow!brands, an interactive brand and marketing agency
- Anguleris Technologies, the building industries virtual product placement experts and leaders in Building Information Modeling solutions
Founded in 2007, LiquidPlanner is predictive project management technology for modern business. Our award-winning, patent-pending project management and scheduling technology enables more than 2,000 midmarket and enterprise technology, IT and development teams to plan, track, collaborate and analyze hundreds of projects in real-time. LiquidPlanner is privately held and headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information about our award-winning technology, please visit www.liquidplanner.com. For company news and updates, visit us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
About TVC Capital
TVC Capital is a San Diego-based software growth equity firm with over $235 million under management. TVC is focused on investments in and acquisitions of business-critical software firms. TVC targets a wide spectrum of software sectors and industry verticals that are poised for growth and consolidation. The TVC team is led by operating executives with more than 80 years of experience growing technology companies into market leaders. Current and past investments include Accordent Technologies, Levels Beyond (Reach Engine), Del Mar Datatrac, Limeade, LiquidPlanner, MediaPlatform, Mercent, Centage, and ReverseVision. For more information, visit www.tvccapital.com.
Director of Communications