Well, I’m here in Austin. The conference registration process was very interesting. I really can’t tell whether it is one of the most efficient methods I’ve ever seen or one of the least efficient. But I’ve got my precious badge (don’t friggin lose it Bruce) and I’m going over the schedule trying to figure out what I want to go attend. In the meantime, I’ve been talking.
Nearly everyone wants to talk. Those that don’t are clustered around power outlets in the lobby; Leeches attached to the walls sucking the lifeblood of technology. There is a stupefying quantity of technology sitting in laps.
Anyway, for a “warm-up day,” Friday has a pretty cool program.
I’ll be hitting up:
- 3:00 pm · Book Reading: The Principles of Beautiful Web Design
- 3:30 pm · Book Reading: Building Findable Web Sites
- 4:00 pm · Book Reading: Subject to Change
- 4:30 pm · Book Reading: Radically Transparent: Monitoring & Managing Reputations Online
- 5:00 pm · Bankrupt Your Startup in Five Easy Steps
- 5:00 pm · Battledecks II
- 5:00 pm · Book Reading: Designing the Moment
Yes. I know there are three scheduled for 5pm. I have (of course) listed them in priority order. While the last one may be the most relevant to me, the first two look like more fun so to hell with responsibility. I’m gonna make my final pick on the fly.
After that? Well, I’ll surely be getting soused on Porter Novelli’s dime. They’re sponsoring the “Friday Night Mix at Six” and one of the Porter Novelli folks from DEMO made sure to make sure that I’d be sure to be there.
Sure I’m sure! It’s your bar tab.