Now that LiquidPlanner has become even more accessible with the release of our new iPad app, we thought it might be fun to come up with a list of places you could potentially be while you’re updating tasks, collaborating with team members, and scheduling projects. Sitting at a desk and using your online project management tool is just so 2010.
- The grocery store. Might as well be productive while waiting in line, and hey, that bag of Cheetos isn’t going to buy itself.
- While on the phone with your mom (as demonstrated in this picture by yours truly). Because come on, you’re obviously not paying attention (this obviously doesn’t apply to my own mother – Hi Sue!).
- On an airplane. Flying to a conference? Going to see the in-laws? More and more airlines are offering Wi-Fi, and odds are that you’ve got some time to kill, making this the perfect place to get some work done.
- Sitting in traffic. WARNING: This is probably definitely not safe, but if you find yourself sitting on the exit ramp for 20 minutes without moving an inch, you could technically break out the iPad. Plus, I’m pretty sure this isn’t as bad as the guy I saw the other day opening and spreading out his newspaper on the dashboard while we sat bumper-to-bumper.
- While putting the kids to sleep. Put on some cozy music, sit back in your rocking chair, and estimate how long your projects are going to take while your offspring gradually falls asleep. These are the memories they’ll cherish forever when they’re adults, I promise.
- On the subway. Just hold onto your iPad with an iron grip and broadcast the fact that you know karate, and you should be fine!
- On the loo. (We have a British employee at LiquidPlanner, so I can say things like that). A stunning percentage of people have publicly admitted to bringing their beloved device into the restroom with them, so don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about.
- In line at Starbucks. Get caffeinated while you get your projects prioritized.
- At the dentist. You’re seated, you can’t go anywhere, you can’t talk (even if the dentist keeps insisting on asking you questions), and you need to be distracted from the things going on in your mouth. Why not open up the LiquidPlanner app so you can submit your timesheets for the week?
- In your weekly meeting with your boss. For the same reason as #2. Kidding! With the LiquidPlanner iPad app, forget bringing your big clunky laptop to the big meeting. Now you can assign new tasks, make notes, and change schedules for your team members with just the touch of your hand.
Did I cover all the usual (and not so usual) places? Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments!