What We’re Reading This Week
Every week we scour the web to bring you interesting, thought provoking and sometimes down right funny articles. This week’s stories talk about the merging roles of project and product management, why it’s so hard to write well, how messaging apps are best in small doses and why you should go work for the U.S. government—if Burning Man is your cup of tea.
Six things we’ve been reading
- Easy Reading is Damn Hard Writing – Gregory Ciotti, Helpscout.net
- Spotlight on Project Management As a Recruitment Hotspot – Jeremy Pigott, Siliconrepublic.com
- 5 Trial-by-Fire Lessons From a First-Time Product Manager – Mark Rabo, Freshbooks.com
- You’re About to Hate Slack as Much as You Hate Email – Rebecca Greenfield, Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- The U.S. government Is Hiring a Project Manager for Burning Man – Amanda Macias, BusinessInsider.com
Bonus Story! The most read blog post of the week:
- Top 10 Reasons Project Managers Can’t Sleep at Night – Kelsey Owsley, LiquidPlanner.com
Like what you read? Have suggestions? Drop me a note @mmerwin.
If you want to read up on how to be the top dog of project managers, download our handbook, “The Ultimate Project Management Guide.”