Release Date: March 26, 2016
LiquidPlanner will be inaccessible from approximately 6 am to 3 pm, US Pacific Time, on Saturday March 26th.
With this planned outage, we will be transitioning the hosting of our application to Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers in the United States. While we know that this maintenance window might present an inconvenience, we are confident that the transition will further enhance our ability to deliver excellent service to our customers around the world. Once services are restored, the application will be available as usual.
What’s changing/has changed?
- Application hosting is being moved from physical hardware in co-location (TierPoint) to virtual machines with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Document and image hosting moved from physical hardware to Amazon S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service) (done in Release 62)
- New email service provider for in app notifications (done in Release 62)
What’s staying the same?
- Functionality (All user-facing features and capabilities of the product. Feature updates will be included in following releases.)
- Latency (How long it takes to load a page or reschedule a workspace.)
- Encryption (Customer data is encrypted both at rest and in transit.)
- API (Assuming that code is pointing to app.liquidplanner.com.)