Release Date: January 25, 2014
We’re happy to introduce our first new scheduling-related feature made possible by the re-architecture work on the scheduler completed in our past two sprints. This release also includes other minor improvements and usability enhancements as well as a number of pesky bug fixes.
- Daily Limits: You can now specify (limit) the amount of time per day that you want to spend working on a task. To explain, here’s a simple generic example: Let’s say you have 8 hours of availability per day, and your top priority task is estimated at 14-16 hours. However, you don’t want spend nearly two full days straight on it, because you need to simultaneously make progress on other important (and perhaps smaller) tasks. If you set the Daily Limit on that top task to 2 hours per day, then LiquidPlanner will schedule you to work on that task for 2 hours a day (until it’s finished) and will fill your other 6 hours with your tasks that follow in priority order. Read more about Daily Limits.
- Rate assignments by team: Billing and Pay Rules can now be applied to a Team. All members of that team will pick up the same rate. This is achieved by selecting the appropriate team in the “Person” field when adding a new row to your rate rule sheets.
- For clarification in date range filters, “Two weeks ago” has been updated to “Last 14 days”.
- Remaining effort for Milestones will always be shown as 0 – 0. Previously, the “Remaining Effort” and “Remaining [E]” fields showed [?].
- On the Analytics tab, you’ll now see a truck icon for Timesheet Export in the left navigation bar.
- On the Help tab, we’ve updated our Support hours to 8 am to 5 pm Pacific time.
- My Work – Timesheet view in Google Chrome: Fixed overlapping cells/buttons/timers.
- Project Tab, mouse/track pad non-scrolling issue: the scroll wheel on your mouse will work correctly in all areas where you can scroll up/down with a slide bar.
- Member picker in Comments HTML editor: It is now available for all members using IE10 and IE11.
Additional Changes (Included in S45.1 – released on 2/08/14)
- When returning to Timesheet Review from an individual’s Timesheet, your focus (cursor location) will return to the most recently reviewed cell. Previously the focus returned to the top of the list.
- Maximum Search results have been increased from 100 to 200.
- We’ve added a location Filter to the Search results page to help you better find what you’re looking for.
- When you print your Analytics report to PDF, you’ll now see the date range displayed at top of of the page.
Questions about the release (or otherwise)? If so, please send us an email (email@example.com) – we’re always happy to hear from you!