Release Date: February 20, 2016
This release includes an exciting new feature with Single Sign-On now available for all Enterprise-level customers. We’ve also released a new Full Screen option for Dashboards, allowing more space to share important data from your workspace. Various behind-the-scenes improvements were made to our internal infrastructure in this release, as well as several bug fixes.
All Enterprise customers now have the option to enable Single Sign-On (SSO) for workspace access. SSO is a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter one name and password in order to access multiple applications. Enabling SSO with LiquidPlanner means members are able to sign in to the workspace using the same login credentials used in other company applications. Learn more about this exciting new feature and find instructions on how to configure SSO for your workspace in our help material linked here: SSO Integration.
MAX EFFORT – COLUMN TITLE CHANGE
The column titles representing Max Effort in both Analytics and Dashboards have changed to consistently match how the field name is displayed in the edit panel. Changes to these column titles in Analytics and Dashboards are as follows:
- Hrs Total Max changed to Max Effort
- Delta Hrs Total Max changed to Delta Max Effort
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note this changes the title of these two columns in all Analytics exports. Any reports built outside of LiquidPlanner using an Analytics export, with one or both of the Max Effort columns, will need to be updated to match the new column titles. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but hopefully it makes more sense now!
NEW: Dashboards now has a Full Screen option providing a better layout and optimizing space to share more valuable dashboard information. Look for the pull tab in the center of the bar, on the left side of your screen (shown below) to access Full Screen mode. Pulling the tab hides – or exposes – the left side navigation bar.
NEW: When sharing a dashboard with workspace members, it is now possible to choose whether or not the invitee receives an email notifying them that they’ve been added to the dashboard. The default changed. Now, no email notification will be sent to newly invited members unless you check the box at the bottom of the Share Dashboard person picker (shown below). There was no change to dashboard guest invitee notifications – all newly added dashboard guests will continue receiving notifications upon being invited to a dashboard.
We inadvertently made a change in our last release that affected file names. When uploading documents to plan items, if the file name had any spaces in it, underscores were inserted to replace spaces. Then, when the file was downloaded, the file name was in effect different. This functionality has been reverted back and the original file name will be maintained so that files uploaded and downloaded will have names that match exactly.
NEW: Under the Export Tasks to File option on the Projects tab, the exported CSV will now include columns for Created by and Updated by inserted into the CSV as the last two columns before any custom field columns.
CHANGED: In a Project Status Report, the percentage value under the Remaining Work column has been removed and is now displays a single hourly value for a cleaner, more readable view.
CHANGED: There is a new maximum critical path length of 1000 items. This means the critical path will display a maximum of 1000 items along the critical path of the selected item before becoming capped in order to improve performance.
- Fixed an issue with external links opening in the same browser tab/window rather than opening in a new tab/window
- Fixed an issue with the display of Partial Day Event schedule bars when some events were close to overlapping
- Fixed a problem with the Filter modal becoming cut off when the browser window is resized
- Fixed an issue with the State field displaying for customers outside of the US on the Credit Card Payment Settings page
- Fixed an issue where printing Timesheets only printed a single page
- Fixed an issue with pinning tasks to Timesheets
- Fixed the Quick Filter functionality in the Baseline View date picker window
- Fixed an issue with using API to obtain timer data on multiple owner tasks
- Fixed an issue with backgrounds inconsistently darkening when dialogue popovers opened in various locations