Release Date: May 7, 2016
This release includes a design update to icons across the workspace as well as the addition of a few brand new, more intuitive icons. We’ve also made some small additions to Dashboard widgets, completed some follow up work on Project Teams and fixed a handful of bugs.
NEW: Icons across the app have been restyled to a flat format for a cleaner, more modern look. The following icons have been replaced: Import From a File, Convert Item, Duplicate, Create/Clear Dependencies, Export Tasks to File, Export Text & Files, and the Person Icon. Icons for Milestones and Events have been updated slightly.
CHANGED: The color of the warning alert (exclamation point) previously displayed in yellow has been changed to orange.
CHANGED: The default profile photo has changed to a new image.
NEW: In My Work, a new alert has been added in order to display when an item’s inherited Deadline is at risk. This means there are now two separate alerts to help you stay on top of deadlines directly from viewing items on My Work:
- An alert for when an item is at risk of missing its own deadline (existing functionality)
- An alert for when that item’s parent container is at risk of missing its respective deadline (new!)
CHANGED: In the Edit Panel, when an item’s parent deadline is at risk, the yellow alert box will now include the parent deadline date.
NEW: In an Analytics Table widget, a new column for “Date Range” has been added as a column option. This column populates the date range chosen in the widget’s date filter.
CHANGED: In a Projects View Widget with no schedule bars (the box to “Include schedule bars” is unchecked) the column width auto-adjustment has been improved to maximize the space available for displaying column titles and values.
NEW: A warning has been added to the Project Teams section of the Edit Panel indicating when a Restricted Member on the Project Team has not been granted access to the project. The warning text will display next to that Restricted Member’s name.
CHANGED: An error message has been added that displays next to the project @alias field when an invalid Alias is entered (i.e. contains spaces, Alias has already been taken, etc.) to more clearly highlight the cause of the error.
- Fixed an issue that occurred with sending attachments when using the Support Request form on the Help tab
- Fixed an issue that occurred when using the Quick Filter while viewing another member’s Calendar
- Fixed an issue with duplicating plan items and remaining effort estimates for items owned by “Unassigned”
- Fixed an issue that occurred in Firefox where a false warning was generated when saving a PDF Schedule Snapshot
- Fixed an issue with the display of the scroll bar in the Customize Columns window on the Projects tab
Questions about the release (or otherwise)? If so, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) – we’re always happy to hear from you!