Only Workspace Administrators can set the Shared status of an activity, and enable an Unshared activity for specific projects.
What is a Shared or Unshared Activity?
Shared: An activity that can be used on tasks from any project.
Unshared: An activity that can only be used on tasks from designated projects. An example of an unshared activity could be “Customer Support” or “Consultation” work that is only provided for specific projects.
Set an Activity to Shared or Unshared
For new activities, the Shared box will be checked by default. If you need to change the Shared status of an existing activity, follow these steps:
- Click on the User Menu
- Select Settings
- In the Data Customization section, select Activities
- Select the existing activity > click on the Edit button
- Keep the box checked to share the activity for all projects and clients. Uncheck the box if you want to limit the activity to specific projects.
- Click OK
- If you created an Unshared Activity, follow instructions in the following sections to enable the activity for specific projects.
Enable an Activity for a Project
Follow these steps to enable an Unshared activity for a specific project:
- Go to the Projects tab
- Double click on the Project folder to open the Edit Panel
- Scroll or jump to the Activities section
- Check the “Use” box next to the activity name