Zapier is a Webapp-Automation Service which enables you to easily automate tasks between two online apps, such as LiquidPlanner, Salesforce, Gmail and hundreds more.
With Zapier there’s no need to wait for developers to write code. You can set up your integrations, “Zaps”, within minutes by configuring the trigger in one app and defining the action in another app via the graphical Zap editor.
A Zap is basically a blueprint for a task you want to do over and over like this:
Trigger: when a new thing happens in app X
Action: do this other thing in app Y
When setting up your Zap, you can pick the data you want to send from one app to the other and add filters to execute the action only when data meets specified criteria. Zapier checks your trigger regularly for new data and automatically performs the action.
All you need to get started is a trial Zapier account which allows you to integrate LiquidPlanner with most apps (some premium apps require a paid subscription). The rest is pretty much as easy as selecting the right options from drop-down menus. Learn more about getting started from this article on Zapier’s website. Modify some existing popular Zaps or create your own from scratch.
Here are a few examples of what you can achieve with a Zap:
- When a developer adds a new issue in JIRA, create a new task in LiquidPlanner. Pass the Description from JIRA into Notes field in LiquidPlanner.
- Use New Issue trigger in JIRA and Create a Task action in LiquidPlanner.
- When a new comment is added to a task in LiquidPlanner, send a message to the appropriate Slack channel.
- Use New or Changed Comment trigger in LiquidPlanner and Send Channel Message action in Slack.
- When a task is marked done in LiquidPlanner, add a comment to the corresponding ticket in Zendesk and change the ticket’s status to “Solved”.
- Use New or Changed Task trigger in LiquidPlanner and Update Ticket action in Zendesk.
Below is a list of triggers and actions currently available for the LiquidPlanner app:
|New or Changed Client||Add a Comment to an item|
|New or Changed Comment||Create Activity|
|New or Changed Document||Create Checklist Item for a Task|
|New or Changed Package||Create a Partial Day Event|
|New or Changed Project||Create a Dependency|
|New or Changed Task||Create a Folder|
|Create a Link for an Item|
|Create a Milestone|
|Create a Note for an Item|
|Create a Package|
|Create a Project|
|Create a Task|
|Create an Estimate for a Task|
|Create an Event|
|Send Clear Timer|
|Send Item Move After Command|
|Send Item Move Before Command|
|Send Start Timer|
|Send Stop Timer|
|Send Track Time|
|Send Track Time via a Timer|
|Trigger Accept Timesheet|
|Trigger Un-Accept Timesheet|
|Trigger Submit Timesheet|
|Trigger Un-Submit Timesheet|
|Update a Checklist Item|
|Update a Comment|
|Update a Link|
|Update a Milestone|
|Update a Partial Day Event|
|Update a Task|
|Update an Event|