Actual start and done dates for each plan item are captured automatically by LiquidPlanner and displayed in the plan item’s Edit Panel.
- These dates are recorded automatically for you, but you can update them manually if necessary. The exception is that you can’t manually update a container’s (project, sub-folder or package) Started On date, since it is calculated from a task within the container.
- Both dates are captured in plan exports, whereas timesheet exports capture only done dates.
- The default Started On date for a task is the date that progress was first logged to that task. You can override that date if necessary.
- The Started On date for a container (project, sub-folder or package) is derived from the earliest start date in the container. This could be the first date progress was logged to a task, a milestone date, or the start date for an event.
- When there are only tasks in a container, no actual start date will display for that container until time is logged to at least one of the tasks.
- The Started On date for a container can’t be edited because it is required to remain in sync with the earliest Started On date for any task in that container.
- The Done On date for a task is the date that the task is marked done.
- The Done On date for a container (project, sub-folder or package) is the date that the container itself is marked done. (Note that LiquidPlanner does not automatically mark a container done just because all tasks within that container have been marked done.)