Box offers full-featured document management, version control, and file sharing services. With LiquidPlanner’s Box integration you can store and manage your files in Box, then attach a link to them from any plan item in LiquidPlanner. You can also upload files from your local drive, Google Drive™ or Dropbox. Link to External Files and access documents stored with services such as Sharepoint, Microsoft OneDrive, Apple iCloud Drive, and SugarSync.
Getting Started With Box Integration
If you don’t already have a Box account, visit the Box site in order to create a free Box account. There is no need to reference LiquidPlanner when creating a Box user account.
Before attaching Box files in LiquidPlanner, be sure that they are set to shared status in Box. You will not be able to upload them to LiquidPlanner unless they are shared first.
Attaching Box Files in LiquidPlanner
In your LiquidPlanner workspace, go to the Documents section of the plan item’s Edit Panel and click Add > Load from Box.
The first time you do this, you’ll be asked to authorize LiquidPlanner. After completing the authorization steps, click OK.
After completing the authorization, you’ll see your Box directory in LiquidPlanner, where you can select the appropriate file:
Box files are stored on the Box servers, so they are not subject to LiquidPlanner file size or storage limits. At this time Box integration is limited to individual files only. It’s not possible to attach a link to a Box folder.
Opening Attached Box Files in LiquidPlanner
- Your LP team members are not required to have a Box account in order to view and download the Box files that you attach in LiquidPlanner.
- They simply double-click on the file, and it will open in a Box reader, where they also have the option to download the file.
- If a Box file is attached in LiquidPlanner and later updated via Box, the link from LiquidPlanner updates automatically. This ensures that your LiquidPlanner workspace members will always see the most current version of the file when they open it via LiquidPlanner.
- It is not possible to upload a file into Box via LiquidPlanner, even if it is a copy of a file that you downloaded via LiquidPlanner. Uploading into Box is done directly in Box.
- Your LP team members will need to have their own Box accounts if you want them to participate in full document collaboration with you there.