Who doesn’t love the feeling of crossing something off their list? Whether you’ve just completed a small task or a huge project, be sure to mark it done!
Marking an Item Done
When a task has been completed, mark it done by checking the Done box in the task Edit Panel:
You can also mark a task done from the right-click menu on the Projects tab: right-click on a task > Mark Done, or by checking the box that appears to the left of the task name when hovering above a task on the My Work tab. When your assignment is marked done, any outstanding remaining effort estimate on the task is cleared and LiquidPlanner will automatically schedule you to work on your next highest priority task.
Tips for Marking Items Done
- Don’t forget to log your final amount of progress before marking the task done. (LiquidPlanner automatically clears the remaining effort when you mark the task done, but it doesn’t apply it to your timesheet.)
- When marking a container (Project, Folder, or Package) as done, all of the items within the container will also be marked as done. When marking a task with multiple owners done, all of the active assignments on the task will be marked done as well.
- It is highly recommended to mark things as done rather than delete them. Deleting items will destroy all tracking history including timesheet entries. If an item is accidentally deleted, go to the trash view to recover it.
Viewing Done Items
Done items are hidden with the default Active Items filter. Change that filter to see done items:
Done items have a checkmark in the left margin, and they no longer have schedule bars:
Mark Items Undone
To mark work undone, change your filter to Done items (see above section Viewing Done Items).
Locate the done item > double-click to open the Edit Panel > uncheck the box at the top of the Edit Panel that appears next to the item name.
You can also mark items undone by changing the Status field in the Edit Panel.
Viewing Done Items on My Work
- Any item (task, event or milestone) with your assignment marked done in the current week will fall to the bottom of the This Week section of your My Work Upcoming Tasks list.
- The item most recently marked done will always be visible at the bottom of This Week (as shown below). If more than one item has been marked done that week, you’ll have the option to view all done items by clicking Show all or collapse them again by clicking Hide. This allows you to easily navigate to recently completed items but hide them again to focus on your active work.