The Pin feature allows you to keep a selected task on your timesheet every week. Since pinned tasks stay on your timesheet until you take them off, they can be useful as a reminder to track time on certain tasks. Here are some reasons you might want to pin a task:
- It’s an ongoing task (e.g. Email or Meetings) and you need it on your timesheet every week.
- It’s a task you’ll be working on for an extended period and you’d like to keep it on your timesheet for easy access.
A task that is pinned to your timesheet will have a blue dot in the Pin column as shown below:
How to Pin and Unpin Tasks
Pinning tasks to your timesheet is easy — you can pin items by manually selecting the dot in the Pin column, turning it blue. Be sure to take this step when you add a new or existing task to your plan via the Add button.
What’s on Your Timesheet
Your timesheet is auto-populated with items assigned to you that meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Tasks with active or paused timers- There is a timer (running or stopped) with time accumulated for this task. If you have any tasks with a running or stopped timer, these tasks will appear on your timesheet.
- Pinned task – A pinned task shows up on all subsequent timesheets until the task has been unpinned.
- Upcoming task – Scheduled to start before the end of the week currently being viewed.
- Event or milestone – Occurring during the current timesheet period.
- Recently done – Your task or assignment was recently marked done.