“You’re lucky.” Anyone who’s heard this knows the truth: behind every turn of good fortune is an even greater bloom of effort and attitude. You don’t have to be Irish or born under a lucky star to be the recipient of doors opening, promotions and great success. Here are 17 ways to put yourself in the beam of Lady Luck.
- Commit to goals you can believe in – and achieve.
- Be proactive.
- Say “yes” more than “no” (discerningly, of course).
- Keep a positive focus.
- Be prepared for anything – especially the best.
- Seek opportunity.
- Be generous. It has a boomerang effect.
- Trust your instincts.
- Be persistent when it matters; redirect your efforts when it’s time.
- Surround yourself with smart, honest people who believe in you and challenge you.
- Go for what you really, really want – not what you think you should want.
- Build your strengths and do work that uses your core competencies.
- Know when to ask for help.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Choose happiness.
Do you feel lucky? Add to our list in Comments.