It’s a big decision, choosing project management software for your team or organization. Even if you’re using a mess of static spreadsheets to run a portfolio of projects, and you can’t keep track of anything—embarking on a software search can feel overwhelming (and time consuming).
What if you could get there faster with an arsenal of good questions? As a project management software company, we talk to a lot of technology leaders who are looking for a better way to manage projects, but sometimes it’s hard to know where or how to begin the evaluation conversation when you’re the one doing the evaluating.
Here’s a list of 9 questions for you to consider when you’re looking for a new project management solution.
- How does it work—what’s your differentiator?
- What kind of teams and businesses benefit from this software?
- Who on the team typically uses this tool?
- What kind of project management know-how do you need to use it?
- How does this software help us collaborate and communicate better?
- How will the software make it easier for me to do my job more effectively?
- What kind of project information is visible, and to whom?
- What are the top three business benefits for a company/team like mine?
- Can you give me some examples of how this software will help me make better decisions?
When considering differentiators among project management tools, you want to get to the bottom of how, exactly, the features will add benefit to your organization. LiquidPlanner is the industry’s only priority-based, predictive project management software—the secret sauce for delivering successful IT projects. Read more about The LiquidPlanner Difference, or contact us to learn more about how we can put some reason back into the way you manage projects.