This Week’s Hot List: How to Be a Better Collaborator
Love it or hate it, collaboration is a work life necessity for most of us these days. Whether you work with others by using an online project management tool, sit down to hash out a document draft with a co-worker, or engage in idea sharing with other employees – collaborating is inevitable. And, there are many ways and styles to work with others.
No matter how you collaborate, here are 6 articles that give some cool and thoughtful perspective to collaboration.
1. Collaboration Is the New Competition
Check out these 5 lessons for driving large-scale social change through collaboration.
2. The Secret to Team Collaboration: Individuality
Go ahead, put an “I” in “team work.” Learn how to foster true collaboration in this Inc.com article.
3. The 5 Best Ways to Collaborate With Your Team
The title says it all – this one’s all about the best ways to work with your team.
4. 10 Ways to Be a Better Collaborator
Some really good nuggets in here, like “Listen as much as you talk.”
5. 7 Deadly Sins That Block Team Collaboration
Stay away from these! A good list of what to avoid if you want to encourage good collaboration.
6. Useful Tips for Collaborative Writing with Google Docs and Google Sites
Document sharing sounds like a no-brainer, right? Not so much. Check out these tips on how to maintain a good set of rules when sharing documents with your team.