What We’re Reading: Christoph Waltz and the State of American Productivity
Americans. Like it or not, we’re obsessed with productivity. So much so that Samsung, the South Korea-based electronics giant recently launched an amazingly funny, even if slightly backhanded video about the subject to promote their newest mobile device. The ad, which ran liberally during the Rio Olympic Games, is both funny and accurate—which is likely why I loved it.
In that spirit, here are a collection of stories that speak to the state of productivity today. I hope you enjoy these posts while checking email, listening in on a conference call, and texting your friends about weekend plans.
- The Illusion of Lagging Productivity – Bloomberg.com
- Why the Most Productive People Start Their Day at 4 a.m. (Yes, We’re Serious) – Inc.com
- We’re Working Harder Than Ever, So Why Is Productivity Plummeting? — Time.com
- 4 Common Problems Plaguing Even the Best Teams and How to Fix Them – Inc.com
- This 100-Year-Old To-Do List Hack Will Change Your Life – Goodhousekeeping.com
Bonus Story! The most read blog post of the week:
Read something that you want to share? Find me on Twitter @mmerwin.
If you want to read up on how to be the top dog of project managers, download our handbook, “The Ultimate Project Management Guide.”