7 More Questions to Ask When You’re Considering a New Project Management Tool
What’s your best tool to use when evaluating new project management software? The right questions. Without them, you might end up with a solution that doesn’t work for your business, and then good money and time goes down the drain. If you’re the one sussing out options and even making the final recommendation, you don’t want to be the one holding the bag, so to speak, if you bring in the wrong solution. Instead, go in to your treasure hunt well prepared.
Start by writing a list of your current project challenges; your goals, and what matters most to your team in terms of managing, tracking and scheduling projects (and the types of projects). Then, match up your questions and make sure they all get answered during your evaluation process.
In an earlier blog, we rounded up nine initial questions to ask when you’re hunting down and evaluating new software. Here are seven more:
- What kind of data and analytics does your tool offer?
- How easy is it to update the plan—and who makes the changes?
- What are your most popular features—especially for teams like ours?
- What activities are required in order to get the most benefit from this tool?
- How are you different from other project management solutions out there?
- How will this application help solve the top three problem we’re currently having with our projects?
- What kind of support and training do you offer?
When considering differentiators among project management tools, you want to get to the bottom of how, exactly, the features will add benefit to your organization. LiquidPlanner is the industry’s only priority-based, predictive project management software—the secret sauce for delivering successful IT projects. Read more about The LiquidPlanner Difference, or contact us to learn more about how we can put some reason back into the way you manage projects.