What We’re Reading This Week: The Pros and Cons of Working Remotely
Is working from wherever you want to all it’s cracked up to be? Being a remote worker has been on the rise for years, thanks to technology. This means job options open up for people who either choose to live outside city centers, or need to relocate for various reasons but want to keep their current job. The debate is lively, ongoing and there are plenty of pros and cons. Bottom line: Working remotely is here to stay.
Here are five stories about remote work, from how to hire great remote workers to the top benefits remote employees can have on your staff. Happy reading!
- 4 Tips For Landing a Work-From-Home Job, PayScale.com
- 3 Organizational Agility Lessons From a Workforce Management Innovator – SmallBusinessTrends.com
- 6 Traits of Leaders Who Successfully Manage Remote Workers – Forbes.com
- Remote? That’s No Way to Describe This Work – nyt.com
- Top 10 Benefits of Having Remote Workers On Your Staff – HuffingtonPostCA.com
Bonus Story! The most read blog post of the week:
Like what you read? Have suggestions? Drop me a note @mmerwin.
If you want to read up on how to be the top dog of project managers, download our handbook, “The Ultimate Project Management Guide.”